Today students finished the suicide prevention and awareness class with a final post assessment to evaluate student learning. After the post test the students started activity 73 with an introduction to the project as stated in yesterday's blog. Students will be going to the computer lab to research specific questions about their chosen introduced species. The project will be due at the end of April. I will give an exact date later.
The questions the students will have to find are as followed:
1. Common and scientific name of the species
2. Where did it originally come from?
3. Where does it live now?
4. How does it effect its new ecosystem?
5. Reasons for its success in new ecosystem.
6. Issues related to the species growth and spread.
7. Predator/ Prey relationships.
8. Food web diagram
9. Pictures of species, its habitat, location, etc...
Hint of the day: Go Bobcats!
Homework: Research chosen introduced species